The HKTB won 6 awards in Astrid Awards 2017:
- DISCOVER HONG KONG – A Traveller’s Guide: Gold Award in the Non-Profit Organizations category
- “Best of All, It’s In Hong Kong” campaign site: Silver Award in the Campaigns category
- #DiscoverHongKong Stories UGC campaign: Bronze Award in the Promotion category
- Discover Hong Kong Facebook page: Bronze Award in the Self-promotion category
- 2017 International Chinese New Year Night Parade - HKTB parade floats & mascot: Bronze Award in the Special Projects: Holiday Event category
- “Best of All, It’s In Hong Kong” new brand campaign: Honours Award in the Campaigns category
The HKTB won 2 awards in Asia-Pacific Excellence Awards 2016 organised by Communication Director Magazine.
- “Meet-the-Pals” programme: Winner of Storytelling category
- 2016 Hong Kong Cyclothon: Winner of Issue & Reputation Management category
The HKTB scooped 6 awards in Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards 2017.
- “Hong Kong Travel Buddy” - your virtual travel companion: Gold Award for the Innovative Use of Technology in Customer Service - All Other Industries
- Concierge Service: Gold Award for Innovation in Customer Service Management, Planning & Practice - Other Service Industries
- “A Taste of Hong Kong” Season 3: Silver Award for Innovation in the Use of Celebrities or Public Figures
- The HKTB Annual Report 2015/16–Power Up Hong Kong: Silver Award for Innovation in Annual Reports
- Hong Kong LIVE in Bordeaux 2016: Silver Award for Innovation in Consumer Events - All Other Industries
- 2016 Hong Kong Cyclothon Social Media Communications: Bronze Award for Innovation in the Use of Social Media - All Other Industries
The HKTB visitor centres won a Bronze Award under “Front-Line Customer Service Team of the Year - All Other Industries - 100 or More Employees” classification in “Customer Service & Contact Centre Team” category in 2017 Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Services.
The reposition of My Hong Kong Guide mobile app won a Bronze Award in the Best App – Hospitality and Travel category in Mob-Ex Awards 2017.
In 2016/2017 Mercury Awards, the HKTB’s “A Taste of Hong Kong” Season 3 and“Hong Kong New Year Countdown Celebrations 2016” campaign were named the “Best of Publicity” and the “Best of Social Media” respectively. In addition, the HKTB also won 5 awards in other categories, including:
- “A Taste of Hong Kong” Season 3: Gold Award in the Publicity: Celebrity Campaign category
- “Hong Kong New Year Countdown Celebrations 2016” campaign: Gold Award in the Social Media category
- “Hong Kong New Year Countdown Celebrations 2016” campaign: Gold Award in the Promotion/Marketing: Social Media Campaigns category
- “Best of All, It’s In Hong Kong” brand campaign site: Gold Award in the Websites/Mobile Media: Brand Awareness category
- Discover Hong Kong Instagram: Silver Award in the Social Media category
The HKTB was recongised as “The Progressive Association” in Exhibition Excellence Awards 2017 organised by India’s leading trade show magazine Exhibition Showcase.
The HKTB’s Seoul office was voted the Best National Tourism Office for the sixth consecutive year in a survey conducted by Korea Travel News, a leading journal in the Korean travel industry.